Friday, August 12, 2011

Childhood memories

Ever since I was about five years old I always wanted to be a singer.  I even remember in 5th grade I would go around signing my name everywhere and in everyone's autograph book, because I thought I was going to be famous in the future.  What a funny thing to think of it now, because I'm no where near famous!  As a child I wanted to be a Thai singer.  I'm not Thai, but my parents grew up in Laos and so they listen to Thai/Laotian song when I was younger.  My dad even had a bunch of videos of Thai Morlum concerts and I want to grow up to be a Morlum singer.  The thing I love the most about those video was that the singers voice was so awesome, kind of like opera singers.  I also loved the fact that they dressed up in beautiful outfits, had back up dancers in wonderful costumes and they would receive tons of garlands while performing.  So I would practice singing and dancing and hoping to learn how to sing in Thai and become a Morlum Star!

So the other day I was browsing through youtube and stumbled about this.  Two foreigners who are fluent in Thai and are singers.  I was so amazed that they learned Thai and could sing in Thai.  If only I was more ambitious while I was younger I could of been a Morlum singer!  So I will share their youtube channel.  The lady singer's name is Christy Gibson and the guy's name is Jonas.  I believe Christy is Dutch and I'm not sure what Jonas is, but I'm sure you can google them booth.  Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/user/JonasChristy



No comments:

Post a Comment