Thursday, September 8, 2011

I SPY

So for labor day weekend I didn't do anything too exciting, but I ended up spending some quality time with my mom at her garden.  Like very Hmong women my mom has to have a garden every year since it's what she know best and what she was raised to do.  I on the other hand I'm quite the opposite, I rarely like to garden and I don't have the patience to go weeding and wait for the harvest.  Although as I'm getting older I'm starting to appreciate it more and realize it's kinda nice to see what you can grow with your owns hands.

Well on this mom and daughter bonding day it was a super nice day not too sunny and a bit cloudy.  The temperature was just right as well with cool breeze from the east.  Overall I would say it was a great day to enjoy with my mom.  Anyhow, the last time I went to her garden was probably three weeks ago; I barely like to go to the garden in the summer because it's hot.  Although I do love to go to the garden around this time because almost everything is in season.  So today I'll share with you what I saw at the garden!


A field of cucumbers

Bushes of spicy peppers

Pretty pink flowers

Budding pumpkin flowers

Pumpkins and their green vines

Watermelons hiding

More pretty flowers...

No comments:

Post a Comment