Sunday, October 30, 2011

What to eat: Cheng Heng on University in St. Paul | The Heavy Table - Minneapolis-St. Paul and Upper Midwest Food Magazine and Blog

So this weekend I spent it in the TC (twin cities) and stayed at one of the better hotels of Minneapolis. I decided to hang out with friends and chill downtown for this Halloween weekend. So since I'm still broke and unemployed I went to one of my favorite website, hotwire. I did a basic search and found this awesome FOUR star hotel for only 69 bucks a night! I was like heck NO-way! So I booked it instantly and like hotwire is they won't reveal the hotel till you booked it. So it turns out that it was the Westin in downtown Minneapolis! I remember as an undergraduate we had an alumni who worked at the Westin come to one of my class to talk about the Westin Hotel and their "heavenly" beds...lol. Anyhow, the beds were fine just like any other feather top mattress, although we got lucky and somehow ended up with a very spacious corner room! Anyhow, this post isn't about the hotel but about FOOD!

So one of the days that I was in the TC area I wanted some good ole Asian food...in particular pho'. I originally wanted to go to Saigon for pho' because I hadn't had it for a while. Somehow, when we went it was closed...so we drove down further on University and it hit me. I haven't gone to Chen Heng for the longest time. When I was younger that was one of my favorite restaurant and I always went there. So we stop by and it was still open. Therefore we walked in and to my surprise there was more people there than I had expected. So we all had our typical Pho' and one of my friend orders a papaya salad and I usually don't care for papaya like most of my friends or my sisters...but that night it was AMAZING! I was like I don't remember Cheng Heng's papaya to be this good. So next time you're craving papaya salad and you're around the TC area...check that papya salad out!

Here's review I found for Cheng Heng:

Cheng Heng on University in St. Paul | The Heavy Table - Minneapolis-St. Paul and Upper Midwest Food Magazine and Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment